CELEBRITY GIST: Veteran Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo, who is known for her emotional roles has revealed she gave back to the society by training 50 adopted children.
The former special adviser on Youths Affairs in Rivers State made this known during an interview with The Punch in the month of August.
Below are some of the excerpts:
What does acting mean to you?
- Hilda – Acting is tool to achieve what i would really like to see. It’s like Christianity, a way of life.
If you weren’t acting, would you have being?
- Hilda – If i was acting professionally, i would have been teaching. But if you look at it, teaching is what i do when i act.
You went into Politics at some time?
- Hilda – I wanted to do something different and i wanted to give back to the society. I felt like my life was too monotonous. I was never in politics. I just held a political office. There is a huge difference between being a politician and holding a political office.
Are you fulfilled as an actress?
- Hilda – I have always been a fulfilled person, not just as an actress but as a human being. I’m an extremely happy person.
How do you give back to the society?
- Hilda – I do this through training. I have 50 kids who are not my biological children. I have 3 biological children but i’ve adopted 50 others. These children need support and i can give them that. What i do is i pay their school fees, buy them clothes and give them food. I also help them find homes.
Why did you reconcile with your husband after a long period separation?
- Hilda – Everything in life has stages and time. If i say i’m a Christian and love God, then i should be able to live a life that Christ would be proud of. It doesn’t matter who is right or not in a relationship. We did it for ourselves, our children, others but most importantly God.
It’s always pays to be nice and generous to the society.
What words do you have our Nollywood Mummy Hilda Dokubo?
Get more GIST like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting nollywood news and celebrity gist in your email inbox.