CELEBRITY GIST — Nollywood daddy Richard Mofe Damijo (RMD) says he get requests from people asking him to be their father. Therefore, he wrote this fatherly message to inspire the young generation and those wishing to be fathered by him. Hope you are ready to be mentored and inspired by RMD? 🤔
In what veteran Nollywood actor RMD has labeled Chapter 1 of his mentorship discourse, he asked an important question at the end of his message: “Before you ask me to be your father, ask yourself if you are genuinely ready to be a son?”
That is one heavy question those requesting RMD to be their father have to first consider. That said, a good father makes a good son.
In his own words, RMD wrote the following on Instagram:
On regular basis I get requests from people asking me to “be their father” and I find that flattering and scary. Scary not because I am afraid to mentor and impart, on the contrary, I am extremely happy and proud any chance I get to mentor and inspire anyone to be and/or do better. But my worry is that a lot of the people who ask, ask for the wrong reasons. They want to hang around “my celebrity status” forgetting I am just an ordinary man with hopes, dreams, worries and fears. They want to grow their social media following by showing off our connection forgetting that social media doesn’t really matter. They want to hangout, walk the red carpet, attend shows/events without bringing anything to the table. To be a son/daughter is to be committed, loyal, hardworking and honest. I want a son/daughter that will transfer the mentorship to others, not one that will squander it. I want a son/daughter that will motivate, inspire and push me to be better. I am a father with biological sons and daughters and I am proudest when I see my investments in them bear fruit. NO father wants to make an investment that will not yield results or sow seeds that will not bear fruit. Before you ask me to be your father, ask yourself if you are genuinely ready to be a son? TO BE CONTINUED…” – @mofedamijo (Jan 16.)
- SEE ALSO: RMD Replies Female Fan Who Is Obsessedly In Love With Him
- RELATED NEWS: How RMD wished his 33 year old son a happy birthday in the most fatherly way!
Care to share your thoughts on Nollywood Community regarding RMD’s fatherhood message? 🤔
We conclude by gathering and compiling some great African Proverbs on Fatherhood and Parenting to complement this post.
African Proverbs on Fatherhood
- A child who fears beating, would never admit that he played with a missing knife. – Nigerian Proverb
- Haste and hurry can only bear children with many regrets along the way. – Senegalese Proverb
- Train a child the way he should go and make sure you also go the same way. – African Proverb
- What you help a child to love can be more important than what you help him to learn. – African Proverb
- It is the habit that a child forms at home, that follows them to their marriage. – Nigerian Proverb
- It is the duty of children to wait on elders, and not the elders on children. – Kenyan Proverb
- We desire to bequest two things to our children — the first one is roots; the other one is wings. – Sudanese Proverb
Get more GIST like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting nollywood news and celebrity gist in your email inbox.