Celebrity Gist: Veteran Nollywood Legend, Oladotun Baiyemi Jacobs popularly known as Olu Jacobs, is one of the great pioneers of Nollywood. He is popularly known for playing the role of a king in most of his movies.
Below are 10 interesting things about OLU JACOBS:
1. Olu Jacobs is married to Nollywood Star Actress, Joke Silva. Their marriage is blessed with 2 boys.
2. He has a very great sense of style and cannot be seen dressing shabbily.
3. He was born on July 11th, 1942 and he is an indigene of Ogun state.
4. He has a very lovely sense of humour and he is also very passionate about his job.
5. His first movie was Viligante. He has featured in over 120 movies.
6. In 1964, he left Nigeria to school at the Royal Academy of Drama, England.
7. Olu Jacobs celebrated his 30 years wedding anniversary in November 2015,
8. He is the Chairman of Lufodo Academy of Performing Acts. ( An entertainment related business group)
9. He is an acclaimed actor, writer, producer and stage director.
10. He won the best actor in leading role in 2007. In 2013, African Magic Viewers Choice Award honoured him with the industry merit for outstanding achievements.
The Veteran actor and his wife are one of the most celebrated and respected couples in Nollywood.
Kindly mention some of Olu Jacobs movies you enjoy watching? Or, let us know which of the 10 interesting things about Olu Jacobs you like the most?
Get more GIST like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting nollywood news and celebrity gist in your email inbox.