Nollywood Celebrity Gist — Veteran Nollywood Actress, Patience Ozokwor, popularly known as Mama G, is one of the most celebrated actresses in the industry.
Call her the Margaret Thatcher of Nollywood and you would not be far from the truth because of the wicked roles she portrays in her movies. But many still find it difficult to believe that she is the opposite of the wicked character she portrays on screen.
Below are 10 interesting facts about Mama G:
1. The Nickname Mama G became her middle name after her interpretation of a role in the movie – Old School.
2. She is a gospel artiste. She is also a devoted and dedicated prayer warrior that cannot hurt a fly.
3. She is a native of Amaobo village in Ngwo Enugu state and was born on March 25, 1958.
4. She is a widow. She lost her husband to a terminal disease in 2000.
5. She has 8 children. 3 biological and 5 adopted. Her eldest child is an Engineer and the last is a footballer who plays for Rangers International football club Enugu.
6. She is attended Abimbola Gibson private school and Methodist high school both in Lagos. She is a product of IMT Enugu where she studied Fine and Applied Arts, specializing in Graphics.
7. She worked as a teacher before becoming an actress. She has also worked with the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria FRCN.
8. She owns a fashion Institute. She is a well acclaimed fashion designer.
9. Her first movie was in 1998 titled Authority. She first did a commercial with late Nollywood Actor Pete Eneh which motivated Charles Opara AKA Chief Zebrudaya and other directors to discover her talent.
10. She is a loving mother, nice, caring, jovial, understanding and a disciplinarian.
Despite her wicked roles in movies, Mama G still has a lot of fans and many people enjoy watching her movies.
Patience is Talented, Trusted and Tested.
What do you like most about this Unique Celebrity, Mama G?
Get more GIST like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting nollywood news and celebrity gist in your email inbox.